The Postal Savings Bank building was planned by Otto Wagner, the visionary pioneer of Modernism, and was constructed from 1904 to 1906 and also from 1910 to 1912.
The historic property at Georg-Coch-Platz 2 is regarded as one of the key creations of the 20th century. The style of the building is determined by its functional role, matched with the expectations of the high aesthetic movement.
SIGNA acquired the Postal Savings Bank at the end of 2013.
The WAGNER:WERK Museum Postal Savings Bank and the large banking hall will be open to the public free of charge until further notice. Exceptions include during renovation phases and private events at the PSB.
© Stefan Seelig